photo HEADER copy_zpsfiiptbhs.png

Monday, July 27, 2009

Rain, Snow, Shine, or Hail....WE HIKE!

As if 6 miles was not enough, we did a 10 mile hike yesterday! If you know me at all, you know that I am not really the outdoorsy type. Don't get me wrong, I did work at a summer camp for two years in a row with no air conditioner, but I would much rather be shopping! :) So, this was quite an adventure for me. I have to say at the very beginning I considered turning around. I injured my foot a few weeks ago, and it was hurting pretty bad. That coupled with the fact that it was raining, and we were going straight up hill made me highly consider not going any further. I decided to persevere though and I am so glad! It was a beautiful hike and we got to see some wildlife! The company was wonderful too! We went with the Jenkins and the Hurdles, who are both very dear friends of ours. The Hurdles are on staff with Crusade at South Carolina, and we do not get to see them too often, so we really soak up the time with them! By the way, it never stopped raining on our trip and it one point it hailed! We were definitely some troopers, or the only idiots out there! I now know why those people wear those rain suits and carry the poles...they are the smart ones! Hope you enjoy these pictures too! 

When we started the hike Kitty did not
have a rain jacket. She debated on wearing
the grocery sack. They soon bought ponchos.
Bear Lake

This is when it started hailing.
What were we thinking?

Hanging out under a tree...praying the hail stops!

Wow!



There is a waterfall in the distance.
Elk...Isaac, the hunter, spotted these.
We may be smiling, but we were really cold.
That's Isaac and Meg 
in the far distance

Still hiking and still raining!


Isaac, Joel, and Kyle at the halfway point
We saw this deer near the end of
our hike. She was so pretty!

1 comment:

  1. Amy,

    I loved this story. I was laughing so hard b/c I know how much my sweet Amy is not an outdoors girl. I enjoyed hearing about your adventure. You thoughts and experiences are touching my life without you knowing.

    --Tasha

    ReplyDelete