photo HEADER copy_zpsfiiptbhs.png

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Lasagna Margherite

A friend of mine (actually my hair stylist) asked me today if I had a quick and easy lasagna recipe. I do happen to have one that I love, and  I thought I would share it with each of you too. I add ground beef to the recipe because we are meat lovers at the Cole house! You could really add a little bit of anything or leave it just like it is. Either way it is DELICIOUS!

Lasagna Margherite

Ingredients:
  • 1  (26-ounce) jar fat-free tomato-basil pasta sauce
  • Cooking spray
  • 1  (15-ounce) carton part-skim ricotta cheese
  • 1/3  cup  chopped fresh basil
  • 1/4  teaspoon  crushed red pepper
  • 1/4  teaspoon  salt
  • 6  no-boil lasagna noodles
  • 1/2  cup  (2 ounces) preshredded fresh Parmesan cheese
  • 2  tablespoons  chopped fresh basil

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 450°.

Spread 1/2 cup pasta sauce in bottom of an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine ricotta, 1/3 cup basil, crushed red pepper, and salt. Arrange 2 noodles over sauce; top with 1 cup ricotta mixture and 3/4 cup sauce. Repeat layers, ending with noodles. Spread remaining sauce over noodles. Cover and bake at 450° for 25 minutes or until noodles are tender and sauce is bubbly. Uncover lasagna, and top with Parmesan and 2 tablespoons basil. Bake lasagna an additional 5 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes.


P.S. I had my hair colored today and it is back to brown! It definitely feels dark...almost a little gothic. :) But, it will lighten and I am sure it will grow on me! I will try to post some pictures soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment