photo HEADER copy_zpsfiiptbhs.png

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever."
Psalm 136:1

Happy Thanksgiving to all! As I have been watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade (one of my favorite things to do on Thanksgiving), I have reflected upon all I have to be thankful for today: my family, friends, Emmy, our home, an amazing job, and so much more! Even still, it seems that every day Kyle and I continue to face one trial after another (will blog more about this later). As Habakkuk said, "yet I will rejoice in the Lord; I will take joy in the God of my salvation. God, the Lord is my strength." Even amidst these trials I will rejoice still, because the Lord is good! The Lord has blessed us beyond measure and with far more than we deserve, especially with the sacrifice of His own Son. C.J. Mahaney said, "We can rejoice in our salvation even amid great affliction when we recognize how much worse we deserve because of our sins." I have so much to be thankful for today, but mostly I am grateful for Jesus Christ. Because of Him, I have been granted eternal life. As we gather with family and friends to celebrate, may our hearts be filled with thanksgiving for the life, death, and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ! We are indeed blessed!


No comments:

Post a Comment