photo HEADER copy_zpsfiiptbhs.png

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Hardy James Cole

Sweet Baby Cole has a name and we are so thrilled to share it with you!

Hardy James Cole

Although this is our first child, naming a child has always seemed to be a big deal to me. When Kyle and I would talk about our future children, we always said we would like for each of our children to have a family name along with a name from the Bible. We also really wanted their name to have significant meaning. Before we ever found out the gender of Baby Cole, I began taking a liking to names that began with an H. It seemed very easy for us to agree upon girl names, but we were having a difficult time with boy names. One weekend I was home visiting my family, and I went through my mom and dad's family trees that dated back to the early 1600's. I found tons of names I loved, and was texting Kyle with all these suggestions. When I told Kyle about Hardy, for the first time it was a name he seemed to really like it. Once we found out we were having a boy, this name just really grew on us. We had always wanted our child to have a unique name, so a while later we decided Hardy was just perfect! Hardy Thompson was my father's great grandfather, and would have been Hardy Cole's great great great grandfather. Hardy means bold and brave, and we really liked this too. We know Hardy had to be bold and brave from the beginning just to beat the odds that were stacked up against him. So, this is how we picked out Hardy!

Finding a bible name proved to be a little bit trickier. I'm just going to be honest, there are some strange names in the bible. James has always been a name I liked, and as Kyle says, "I mean he was Jesus' brother." James means he who supplants. Yes, we had to look this one up in the dictionary! To supplant means to take the place of another or serve as a substitute. Most of you know that before conceiving Hardy, I had a miscarriage early on in my first pregnancy. We decided the meaning of James for this child was very appropriate being that the Lord took one child away, and in it's place gave us another one...Hardy James.

We look forward with great anticipation of meeting
our precious Hardy James Cole!

No comments:

Post a Comment