photo HEADER copy_zpsfiiptbhs.png

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Peach-Pecan Muffins

All of my recent post seem to revolve around something related to my pregnancy and baby Hardy! I'm sure not all of you read my blog to hear about just that, so I decided it was time to get back to some other things I love! Peaches are definitely my favorite fruit, and I absolutely love muffins! When I saw this recipe in the March issue of Southern Living I just knew I was going to have to give it a try. It is for sure a win in our house! A perfect combination in my opinion! One of the best things about it was its simpleness. I actually had all the ingredients on hand except for the frozen peaches. I plan to use fresh peaches this summer when they are in season. That's if I have any time for baking! By the way, these would be a nice addition to your Easter morning brunch! Hope you enjoy this sweet Southern treat!


INGREDIENTS:
  • PECAN STREUSEL
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans
  • 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 tablespoons melted butter
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • MUFFINS
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 cup frozen sliced peaches, thawed and diced
  • 12 paper baking cups
  • Vegetable cooking spray

DIRECTIONS:
  • 1. Prepare Streusel: Stir together pecans and next 4 ingredients until crumbly.
  • 2. Prepare Muffins: Preheat oven to 400º. Combine flour and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture. Stir together butter, milk, and egg; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Gently stir in peaches.
  • 3. Place paper baking cups in 1 (12-cup) muffin pan, and coat with cooking spray; spoon batter into cups, filling two-thirds full. Sprinkle with Pecan Streusel.
  • 4. Bake at 400º for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan, and serve warm or at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment