photo HEADER copy_zpsfiiptbhs.png

Sunday, June 10, 2012

An Afternoon in the Tetons

We have now been in Jackson Hole a week and everything is going really well. The students arrived this past Tuesday, and it has been non-stop action ever since then. We have seven students from Ole Miss that neither Kyle nor I knew really well, so we have enjoyed getting to know them better. Since things have been so fast paced this week, Kyle and I decided to get away this afternoon and drive through Grand Teton National Park. It was very refreshing for me to just spend time with my family of three, and take in the beauty of God's creation. This place is simply stunning! I could take a thousand pictures and it still would not capture all the beauty. At the end of our drive we stopped at Mormon Row which is one of the most picturesque areas of the park. As we were driving up there happen to be a herd of wild buffalo in the field across from Mormon Row. They ended up crossing the street, and we got to closely encounter a few of them. Hardy was really fascinated with these "dogs"--make sure you watch the video below for a good laugh! He didn't quite understand that a buffalo is about 15 times the size of Emmy, our chocolate lab. I am sure this will be a highlight of our time out west, and a moment I will never forget! So thankful for this afternoon with my family!





















No comments:

Post a Comment