photo HEADER copy_zpsfiiptbhs.png

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Hardy is ONE!


ONE YEAR Stats:
Weight: 19 lbs. 7 oz.
Height: 30 inches
Diaper Size: Size 3
Clothes Size: Size 12-18 Months
What Hardy Likes: Hardy loves
animals! We have been to the zoo
twice now, and he loves the animals.
He will stand at the glass window
and look at them forever.
What Hardy Dislikes: Sitting still. 
This boy is on the go! I cannot imagine 
what it will be like when he starts walking.
Best Moment of the Month:
Celebrating Hardy's 1st Birthday!
What a fun-filled day! He sure
was a happy boy, and we all had 
a blast celebrating!

ONE YEAR Highlights:
You finally started saying Mama
this month! Oh how it thrills my 
heart to hear you say it! 
You are getting so close to walking.
You stand a little longer by yourself,
and you walk really well when
pushing something. 
You now sign more and all done.
You have become more ticklish,
and we love to hear you laugh.
You love to get a phone
and hold it up to your ear 
like you are talking. It is too cute!
You moved up to the big 
car seat! We had to make 
the move so you could watch 
Baby Einstein on our way
to Jackson Hole.
Your hair has become more
and more curly! I just love it!
I know I will have the hardest
time cutting it one day.
You started to climb the stairs
 this month. Yep,we put 
the gates up a few days later!
You are one determined little
boy. To be only a year old, we
can already see that you are
going to have a strong will.
You love the water! We went 
to the beach this month with 
Nana and Poppa, and you 
loved playing and splashing in 
the water. 
You love a good party!
You had so much fun 
at your birthday party.
From the singing, to the
cake, to the presents, and even
all the guests, you just soaked it all up!











My Precious Little Hardy,
     You are officially ONE year old! There were many days even weeks that I wondered if the Lord would ever bless us with a child from my womb. I longed to have just one, and I begged of the Lord to give me a child. Oh how he blessed us more than we could have ever imagined. I remember receiving a phone call from the nurse the day before you were born that I was going to be induced that evening. As your daddy and I drove back to Oxford to pack our bags, I did a lot of thinking. Mostly I was overwhelmed with joy that the Father was granting me my desire, but I also was very anxious to meet you. I wondered what you would look like--would you look like me or your daddy or both of us. I wondered what color your hair and eyes would be. I wondered what your voice would sound like. I wondered when we would see your first smile. I wondered what kind of personality you would have. I just simply could not wait to meet you and hold you. On June 3rd, 2011 at 10:15 in the morning we welcomed you into our arms. I will never forget the look on your daddy's face as he held you for the first time. He was beside himself and had the biggest smile--maybe even bigger than the one he had on our wedding day. He could not take his eyes off of you. Then, it was my turn to hold you. When you looked into my face for the first time with those big eyes I just melted. I was smitten from the very beginning and I still am today. Again, the Lord had blessed us more than we could have ever imagined! 
     We brought you home from the hospital two days later, and the journey began! People always told me to soak up every minute with you, because it would go by so fast. Indeed it did.  You turned 4 weeks, 3 months, 6 months, and now you are a year old! It seems like my sweet precious baby became a little boy overnight! The first year of your life was nothing but pure bliss. Your daddy and I have enjoyed every single minute of it! It has been so much fun to watch you grow. It seems every day that you are doing something new. You are definitely all B-O-Y!! Your mind is so curious, and you are constantly learning new things. You have brought us so much love, joy, laughter, and even tears (that is good tears--because we just love you so much!). You are a miracle Little Hardy, and as we celebrate your first year of life, we give thanks to our heavenly Father who created you and gave you to us. 
Happy 1st Birthday Hardy!

No comments:

Post a Comment