photo HEADER copy_zpsfiiptbhs.png

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Smiling Down Upon Me

About a year ago Kyle, my mom, and I landscaped our entire backyard in two days before we left for our six week trip to Italy. Yes, we are crazy, but a year later we are fully benefitting from our hard work. My grandmother passed away in December of 2007 and last summer they put her house up for sell. My grandmother had an incredible green thumb. In fact, we laugh about it because she would just set a bucket of something in her yard without ever planting it and it would grow! So, before the house sold I really wanted to get some of her plants. We spent a day digging things up and then transported all of it from Hattiesburg to Oxford. Not only did all the plants survive the travel, they also lived and now are in full bloom! One morning I was having a cup of coffee and my heart was filled with such joy because I knew my grandmother would be so happy. It was almost like she was smiling down upon me and enjoying my cup of coffee with me. Now, when I step onto my back porch its like stepping into a little slice of heaven.

Azalea bush


Iris

Lilies: These were my favorite!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome!! I remember that Mother's Day, thinking what in the world are we doing and praying everything would live. I guess in a way we were honoring Grandmother by seeing that her plants would live on. She was always one who loved to share her plants. Seeing these pictures makes all of the sweating and backaches worth every minute. If Grandmother can see you backyard, I know she is smiling. Thanks for sharing! I love you, Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm...just a little jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. God didn't have to make the world beautiful, but I think He did it for us. Don't you think there is a creator (Small "c") in each of us. These are beautiful photos. What a wonderful tribute to your Grandmother!

    ReplyDelete