photo HEADER copy_zpsfiiptbhs.png

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Chilled Blueberry Soup

I had lunch yesterday at Cafe Bluebird with my sweet friend Kitty Hurdle. They were serving chilled blueberry soup as their special for the day so I decided to try it. It was absolutely delicious and so refreshing in the summertime! Of course we asked for the recipe, but the chef was "too busy." So, I googled it and found one that looks really good. I will definitely be testing it out soon. I would love to use some blueberries from my blueberry bush, but those darn birds ate them!

Yield
Makes 4 Servings

Ingredients
4 cups fresh blueberries
1 cup orange juice
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 pint half-and-half
Garnish: mint sprigs

Preparation
Bring first 5 ingredients to a boil in saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring often. Remove from heat, and slightly cool.

Process blueberry mixture and lemon juice in a blender or food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Cover and chill until ready to serve.

Stir in half-and-half just before serving. Garnish, if desired.

*For a creamier soup, add a dollop of  plain yogurt to each serving. (This is what the cafe had done and I highly recommend it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment