photo HEADER copy_zpsfiiptbhs.png

Friday, August 7, 2009

The Calm Before the Storm

The fall semester at Ole Miss will begin in just two weeks, so Kyle and I are trying our best to soak up the last little bit of summer, and make the most of this down time. We have been doing lots of cleaning out and organizing too, because once the semester starts we will be insanely busy!  When school starts our house becomes a revolving door, but I do happen to love it. I love that students feel so welcome at our home that they just drop by at any time of the day, and sometimes have to be kicked out at night! Tonight we enjoyed a relaxing evening at home with just the two of us. We grilled out Omaha steaks (complimentary of Kyle's grandparents), and I organized my recipe book while Kyle created fantasy football leagues. Wow, we sound like an old couple! :) I love to cut out recipes from my favorite magazines, and then I compile them into a recipe book. Some of my favorite recipes have come from Cooking Light, Southern Living, Taste of the South, and Real Simple. As I was adding in new recipes tonight, I found many recipes that I never got around to testing out. Hopefully, I will try some of these soon and share them with you! Now, Kyle and I are watching episodes of Friday Night Lights (has anyone seen this show?...great for couples to watch!) and enjoying some Delta Blues Blue Bell ice cream. I am a sucker for ice cream in the summertime and this one is like heaven in your mouth! I recently found out that Blue Bell has a rotating list of short-term ice cream flavors timed with the harvest of seasonal fruits, and a list of regular, year-round flavors. Check it out at www.bluebell.com. I just joined the Blue Bell Country Club so that I will receive monthly coupons and new flavor releases by email. 

Here is what The Austin Chronicle said about this delicious ice cream:

"When you pop open the top on a gallon of Delta Blues, you'll find a sinfully rich mixture of Blue Bell's classic vanilla blended with a very liberal swirl of sweetened blueberries and blueberry sauce, with chunks of pie crust that somehow magically remain flaky and crunchy, even when immersed in a frozen liquid. It will definitely seduce you into fits of brain freeze from eating it too fast. It won't be around forever, so cruise the freezer aisle of your local supermarket, and stock up on several tubs of Delta Blues."


No comments:

Post a Comment