photo HEADER copy_zpsfiiptbhs.png

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Pray for The Haskins Family

As most of you know, my husband and I are on staff with Campus Crusade for Christ at The University of Mississippi. Ole Miss is high percentage of Greeks, so we spend a fair amount of ministry time in the sorority and fraternity houses. I was a Kappa Delta at Ole Miss, and this house is still very near and dear to my heart. Therefore, I spend a lot of time at the KD house and truly love these girls. My desire is that one day our house will be filled with girls that love the Lord and desire to know Him and serve Him. This morning I received a call from our chaplain that Susan Haskins, one of the members of our chapter, had been killed in a car accident at 2:30 in the morning. I had only recently met Susan, but she was a delightful person and always had a smile on her face. Susan and 2 of her friends from high school were leaving  a party, and one of the guys drove off of a bridge into a lake. All three were wearing the seatbelts, and the boys made it out, but Susan drowned. What is even more heart-wrenching about this story is that Susan's brother died a few years ago from a car accident in which he also drowned. I cannot imagine the pain that this family is experiencing. My heart has hurt for them all day. I would ask that you would please pray for The Haskins, and that the peace of God would cover them, and that His grace would sustain them. Please pray also that this would begin a revival in the KD house, and that we would have many opportunities to share the gospel with these girls. 

Here are two quotes that were on Susan's facebook page:

Try to do something good for someone everyday. Stay close to God and He will stay close to you.

"Here it the test to find whether your mission on earth is finished: If you're alive, it isn't."
Richard Bach


No comments:

Post a Comment