photo HEADER copy_zpsfiiptbhs.png

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A Much Needed Lunch Date

Today I was treated to lunch by a precious friend of mine, Sydney. Sydney and I are actually neighbors, but we met a few years ago in the cleaning supply aisle of Wal-Mart. Now if that was not a divine appointment, I do not know what is! We were both participating in a bible study at a local church, and I recognized her from the study. So, I introduced myself, and invited her to the church where we are both members now. We instantly became friends, and met for coffee where we proceded to visit for hours. Sydney has been in incredible blessing to my life, and I am more than thankful for the wisdom she imparts to me. I really could visit with her for hours (just to sit and listen--and you know how much I can talk). Like today, I picked her up at 11:00 for brunch, and I finally left her home at 4:00. And I wasn't ready to leave at all! Thank you so much Sydney for allowing me to just bare my soul and be completely honest with you! I always feel greatly encouraged after our visits and even more certain of my hope in Christ. Thank you for always pointing me to the Savior and the promises we have in the Scriptures. You are so dear to me and I will be forever grateful that the Lord placed us on the same aisle in Wal-Mart that day!

Sydney gave me a card today that read:

A delay is not a denial from God.
Sometimes it's hard to wait on the Lord.
He may not answer our prayers right when we want Him to--
but He is a faithful God,
and He will surely answer you
in the best way imaginable,
because He loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment