photo HEADER copy_zpsfiiptbhs.png

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Where Did the Week Go?

I am sure many of you are asking yourself this same question! I thoroughly enjoyed having a three day weekend and celebrating Labor Day, but then I had to play catch up the rest of the week. The rest of the year the weeks seem to slowly drag by, but in the fall it is Sunday before I know it and the week is starting over again. This is definitely how I feel today! Add Video
We did have a wonderful Labor Day and had a cookout with friends that evening. I wanted to share one recipe with you that we all enjoyed. It is Black Bean and Mango Salsa. I had made this salsa for The Grove several years ago, but I guess I forgot about its tastiness! When Christie and I were creating the menu for Labor Day, she came upon it again and suggested we make it. I am so glad she did because it is delicious! This would be great to take to any party because it makes a lot and it does not cost your pocket much! :)

Black Bean and Mango Salsa

Ingredients:
1 envelope Good Seasons Italian Salad Dressing & Recipe Mix
1 can (16 oz.) black beans, drained, rinsed
1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen corn, thawed
1 cup chopped ripe mango
1/2 cup chopped red pepper
1/3 cup chopped red onion
1/3 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 cup lime juice

Directions:
MIX all ingredients until well blended; cover.
REFRIGERATE at least 1 hour. 
SERVE with tortilla chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment