photo HEADER copy_zpsfiiptbhs.png

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Lost but Found

Isn't that the cutest face you have ever seen? That is my precious chocolate lab Emmy! She is my heart, and three weekends ago she went missing for a while. Kyle and I were in Nashville at our Fall Retreat with Crusade, and Emmy was staying in Oxford with a friend. We got a phone call around 2 in the morning, and our dear friend Zach told us that Emmy and Miley (his dog) were missing. He had let them out to go to the restroom, and a few minutes later they were gone. Of course, I quickly became hysterical, and felt pretty helpless considering I was four hours away. After they had been searching for an hour or so, I decided to google "what to do when your dog is missing." It said to call the police station and report it, so that is what I did. Through my tears, I started to tell the policeman what had happened, and what Emmy looked like, and he said, "Mam, your dog has already been found." I could not believe it! The policeman gave my the guy's number, and I immediately called him. He loved our dogs so much that he volunteered to keep them over night! Zach went to pick Emmy up, and I told him you better guard that dog with your life until I get back to Oxford! I think he understood! :) I had woken my mom and sister, and they had been praying for my Emmy Lou to be found. We were all so upset. Although she is a dog, she is pretty much like our child. If you ever meet her, you will understand why. She is the sweetest dog, and so full of personality. When I called my mom and sister to tell them she was found, my sister said, "I think that is just the mercy of the Lord." I really believe this too, because we have been through one trial after another lately, and this is just one that I could not bear. I think the Lord knew that as well. When I was sharing this story with a friend, she said, "Amy, that so relates to the parable of the lost sheep." I began to think about this, and once again I was ever so grateful for the Lord's pursuit of my heart, and for the redemption I have found through Jesus Christ. Just as I would have searched for hours or even days, until Emmy was found, the Lord relentlessly pursues those who are lost too. The parable states, "What man among you, if he has a hundred sheep, and has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the open pasture, and go after the one which is lost until he finds it?....I tell you that in the same way, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine who need no repentance." Isaiah 53:6 says, "All of us like sheep have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way, but the Lord has caused the iniquity of us all to fall on Him." I am so thankful that as I sit here and type, my sweet Emmy is laying beside me, but I am immensely grateful that the Lord found me. I once was "like a sheep without a shepherd", but now I have been found! 

No comments:

Post a Comment