photo HEADER copy_zpsfiiptbhs.png

Sunday, October 18, 2009

I'm Back...

My oh my! Where do I even begin? I cannot believe I have been absent from the blogging world this long! My goodness! The fall semester seems to always be incredibly busy for us! We do count it as a huge blessing that we have so much going on within our ministry, and so many students to follow up, but it does not allow much time for leisurely things (blogging). Especially when the weekends are centered around football, it is Monday morning again before I even realize it! I am excited to be back though, and catch you up on all the whereabouts of The Coles! I want to start off with a delightful recipe I recently discovered! I love the pesto at William Sonoma, and the last time I purchased a jar, the lovely woman that checked me out shared this recipe with me. I am typically not one of those people that can whip up a dish without a detailed list of instructions. So, I must say I was pretty proud of this one! It happens to have no name, so we can call it Salmon Pesto Pastry.

Ingredients:
2 Salmon Filets
1 puff pastry sheet (cut in half)
Pesto sauce
1 tomato
Slivered Almonds
Olive Oil
Pepper

Directions:
1. Bake salmon and puff pastry on a baking sheet at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. (They will cook evenly, but I left my salmon in a little bit longer.)
2.  Spread pesto over puff pastry. Place tomatoes and almonds on top of pesto. Drizzle olive oil over the top and sprinkle a dash of pepper.

And that is it ladies! Kyle is not a huge fan of salmon, but he loved this dish! I hope to make it again soon in an effort to incorporate more fish into our diet. I am sure it was be tasty with other types of fish too. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment