photo HEADER copy_zpsfiiptbhs.png

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Blueberry Pound Cake

When I was a little girl this was the first cake I ever baked, and it was with my dear friend Katie. I am positive that it is what inspired my love for baking, and why I have kept baking over the years. My precious hair stylist gave me 2 pints of fresh blueberries last week, and I knew exactly what I was going to do with them...make a blueberry pound cake! I will be enjoying a slice tomorrow morning with the staff women of Campus Crusade. Definitely give this delicious one a try!

INGREDIENTS:

1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups flour, divided
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 pint fresh blueberries or
2 cups canned blueberries, drained and rinsed

DIRECTIONS:

Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time and beat until light and fluffy. Add vanilla. Sift 2 cups flour, salt, and baking powder together. Add sifted ingredients to creamed mixture and beat. Dredge berries in remaining flour. Fold berry mixture gently into creamed mixture. Pour mixture into a tube pan which has been buttered and coated with sugar. Bake in preheated 325 degree oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Serves 15.

This recipe can be found in Southern Sideboards, a cookbook compiled by the Junior League of Jackson, MS. It is one of my favorites!


1 comment:

  1. Awe...I love you Amy Lou! I remember making that blueberry pound cake! I love reading your blog. It's always encouraging and I have a running list of books to read that you've recommended. I miss and love you lots! Katie

    ReplyDelete