photo HEADER copy_zpsfiiptbhs.png

Thursday, April 8, 2010

What is the Latest?

It has been a few weeks since I posted about our current situation, and several people have asked what is the latest. I decided it was time to give some details. How am I doing you might ask? Let's just say I am persevering by the grace of God! I have good days, and bad days, but at least there is a mix! Most days I am content in the place the Lord has us right now. There are days though that I long to be in the future, and know that we will eventually have a child. I will share a cool story with you that happened last Sunday. I had already left church, but I saw a good friend standing in the hallway, so I ran back inside real quick just to say hello. While I was talking to her she introduced me to her friend that has the cutest blonde hair, blue-eyed boys that appeared really close in age. I asked her and she replied, "Yep, 16 months!" I was not surprised, and said, "well if we ever have a child, I can promise you that we will do nothing to prevent the next one." She just laughed, because that was exactly what had happened to them. She actually went to the same doctor I am seeing in Memphis. The first time she got pregnant, it was a tubal pregnancy. About 6 months later she got pregnant with her first boy, and then the next once came about 7 months after he was born. I was definitely encouraged by her success, and thought it was so sweet of the Lord to give me that moment. Isn't He good to us?!? He does indeed know our needs!

As for now, I am back on the pill. Yes, that is birth control. Strange that they would put you on the pill in order to get you pregnant. The reason is that it induces a cycle, and it is one of the main ways to prevent PCOS. It basically keeps the cyst from growing. After that, I will start the shots again, and go for Round 2. My heart is definitely anxious, and I do have some fears. With PCOS you have a 50% chance of miscarriage, while it is normally 15%. That is a pretty big difference. I believe it is because you produce a poorer quality egg. I definitely fear doing this whole process again, and having another miscarriage. However, I know the Lord will not give me more than I can handle. If that is what He chooses, then I know that it is part of His refining in my life. Without a doubt, I truly feel like I have been through the fire (well, I guess I am still in it). At the same time though, I feel like I have come to know my Savior in a incredibly intimate way. I truly feel like my relationship with Him has been taken to new depths, and it is really sweet. For this reason alone, I give praise to the Father for this trial. He ultimately knows what is best, and I will continue to trust in and rest in His truths.

Thank you for your faithfulness in continuing to pray for us! We are beyond grateful for the love and support you have shown towards us!

No comments:

Post a Comment