photo HEADER copy_zpsfiiptbhs.png

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

"Baby, What a Big Surprise"

SUMMER IS HERE!!! Who said the summer was more laid back?!? Kyle and I have still been on the go, and out of town, which explains my lack of posting. We are back home now for several weeks until my sister has her baby, so I should catch up in the blogging world. Stay tuned because there is much to come! I will start with a quick adventure that Kyle and I took with my parents down to the coast of MS. Can anyone guess what band we went to see? The title of this post was one of their hits. CHICAGO!! I grew up listening to Chicago, and after a few road trips with the family, I could sing every one of their songs by heart. I absolutely love Chicago, and when we heard they were coming to the Beau Rivage, we jumped on the opportunity. It was such a fun concert, and I was so thankful to have shared it with my father because he is definitely the reason I developed such a fondness for their music. For those of you who do not know who Chicago is, I will give you a brief background. What set Chicago apart was they were a rock 'n' roll band with horns....and, boy can they play!

"Chicago is an American rock band formed in 1967 in Chicago, Illinois The band began as a politically charged, sometimes experimental, rock band and later moved to a predominantly softer sound, becoming famous for producing a number of hit ballads. They had a steady stream of hits throughout the 1970s and 1980s. Second only to the Beach Boys in terms of singles and albums, Chicago is one of the longest running and most successful U.S. pop/rock and roll groups. According to Billboard, Chicago was the leading U.S. singles charting group during the 1970s. They have sold over 120 million albums worldwide, scoring 22 Gold, 18 Platinum, and 8 Multi-Platinum albums. Over the course of their career they have charted five No. 1 albums, and have had twenty-one top ten hits."


Click here if you would like to read the full story.


If you ever get the opportunity to see Chicago, you must go. And if not, then go get one of their albums! It will be music to your ears!

Kyle, Me, and Dad

Mom and Me




The Four Original of Chicago




1 comment:

  1. Greetings! I love your blog! actually, i almost picked this background for mine. please follow my blog at jenniferscavone.blogspot.com. i write about the entertainment industry. it's pretty interesting! =)

    ReplyDelete