photo HEADER copy_zpsfiiptbhs.png

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Happy Fall Ya'll!

It is finally here! Today was the first day of FALL! Living in Mississippi, you sure would not know it since it was still 94 degrees today! I love the Fall, and will be quite happy to say goodbye to these hot summer days. Oh, how I long to sit on the porch at Square Books balcony with the cool breeze blowing while I enjoy a cup of coffee!

Here are some of my favorite things about this season:
  • PUMPKINS...you can probably tell by these pictures that I love pumpkins. I love to decorate with them, especially the white ones!
  • SEC Football...not loving it so much this season, those poor Rebels. Guess the old saying rings true, "We may not win every game, but we never lose a party!"
  • State Fairs...I grew up at the MS State Fair and have such fond memories of going to the fair each year.
  • Pumpkin Spice Lattes...Starbucks has my favorite, but here in Oxford I have to settle for one at High Point.
  • The leaves changing color...usually during the fall I go to visit my sister in Louisville, KY and I love the drive from Nashville to Louisville. All the different shades of red, orange, and yellow are just stunning.
  • Halloween...even though I no longer dress up, I still love this holiday! How can one turn down all that candy!
  • Anything flavored pumpkin, but particularly Pumpkin Pie Spice Muffins. If you would like the recipe click here.
  • Mums...I love to decorate with these too!
  • Mistletoe Market...my mom and I have attended this even since I was a little girl, and she would check my sister and I out of school for the day. I still love shopping all the booths, and sampling the food!
  • Boots, Jackets, and Scarves! What girl doesn't love to accessorize?!?!
Hope you enjoy the Fall!







1 comment:

  1. Hey Amy,
    I found your blog thru Lovin Much. I was so excited when I saw Oxford as your home, then more excited to see CCC! My husband, David, was on staff there at Ole Miss years ago under Isaac. The Jenkins and my friend, Pam Nolen, introduced me and David! We live in Arkansas now. We are still closely connected with Crusade through many dear friends. I am from Jackson...I see you are from Brandon! I miss Mississippi so much sometimes, but love where we are and our life here. I will add you to my Reader so I can keep up with ya'll! I would love to pray for you, as well!! (I read your post about Hannah) Take care and I would love to hear more about you!! Love, Amanda Brown brownslr19@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete