photo HEADER copy_zpsfiiptbhs.png

Saturday, September 18, 2010

It's A Cupcake Kind of World

For several weeks now, I have been meaning to post about our vacation to the North East. It will take me quite some time since I took over 1,500 pictures. Guess I got a little camera crazy. Pictures aside, any of you who have been on a trip with Kyle Cole know how much he can squeeze into one day. Kyle Cole Tours went above and beyond on this trip, and we saw it all. Post to come, so check back soon! As for today, I will post about one of my highlights of the trips...CUPCAKE BAKERIES!!! This seems to be the new phenomenon across the states, and I am rather obsessed! It would be my dream to own a cupcake bakery in Oxford (seriously, if you are interested in this please let me know). I have fully thought this one out, there is just one slight problem...money! I will just keep dreaming.

On our vacation, we visited 5 different cupcake bakeries, or I drug Kyle to these bakeries! It is hard to pick a favorite because each one had various qualities that were unique to the bakery. Hope you enjoy the tour, and if you are ever in one of these cities you should definitely drop and in have a tasting. I had to go eat a piece of cake after looking at all these pictures! :)

D.C.: Georgetown Cupcakes

This bakery is unbelievable. Every day there is a line out the door and up the street. It's about an hour wait or longer on the weekends. Luckily, we visited on a Monday. This bakery was started by two sisters, and their business grew so quickly that they have a television show on TLC now! It is a fabulous bakery, and if you are local they tweet a daily special, and you ask for the secret cupcake, you get it free! This is a must see in the world of cupcake bakeries!


Look at that line!


Christie and I waiting in line.

Cupcakes galore!



Such attention to detail...even the packaging was cute!


Christie and I, so excited to be there!

Yes, we left with 6 cupcakes!
Red Velvet was my favorite!


First bite...yummy!

Philadelphia: Philly Cupcake

Kyle happened upon this bakery as he was walking back from the parking garage. We quickly ventured over to check it out. The bakery was simply gorgeous! All the cupcakes were displayed in a lovely Victorian cabinet, and the decor of the cupcakes was extraordinary! This bakery takes cupcakes to a new level!



BEAUTIFUL!

Aren't these the prettiest cupcakes
you have ever seen?

Those are pink lemonade on the bottom.

Peach Cupcake

Check out those Oreo Cupcakes!




Creative packaging!


NYC: Magnolia Bakery

This bakery is very famous, and know for a variety of baked goods! In fact, they have a cookbook that I was very tempted to purchase...maybe Christmas! Of course, we went just to sample a cupcake! The architectural design of this bakery was very chic and classy. I was very impressed, and left with a t-shirt and cupcake in hand!






NYC: Crumbs

This bakery is among the favorites of those in New York City. The cupcakes are massive, and most all of them are filled with cream...quite delicious! Very creative decorating too...one cupcake looked identical to a hostess cupcake, and they also had one that looked like a baseball! Definitely a bakery worth checking out!


Look at all those cupcakes...hard to choose just one!





The Colossal Crumb...that is one big cupcake!

Happy girl leaving with my cupcakes!

Boston: Sweet
This bakery was "simple but Sweet." It is the favorite among Bostonians! Very delicious cupcake with lots of icing on top!


Check out those cupcakes with the tiki umbrella!

4 comments:

  1. YUM!! they all look delicious! looks like y'all had fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SUPER jealous! I'm really jealous of y'all going to Georgetown Cupcakes. I want to go there so badly! All these cupcakes look so cute and yummy! Don't worry, I am going to find a cute cupcake place here in Austin! There has to be at least one! We will see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best post ever. Loved it! I am jealous you got to visit all of those places! There is a new cake shop in Brandon by Anytime Fitness near Rouse. They do cakes but also have cupcakes. My friends and I are also Gigis fans. But several coworkers and I are now on a diet so no cupcakes for me for awhile!

    BTW I have made those hostess like cupcakes. Takes some time but very easy! They are filled and everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm suddenly very hungry...too bad all cupcakes have milk in them...guess I'll have to wait another 9 months before I indulge myself ;)

    ReplyDelete