photo HEADER copy_zpsfiiptbhs.png

Monday, October 25, 2010

You Get What You Ask For...

Well I have been saying for three weeks now that I would just love to have some pregnancy symptoms. Everyone kept telling me they had prayed I would have an easy pregnancy since I had already been through so much! While I thought this was a very sweet gesture, I was desperately wanting some signs so I would know that baby was in there and growing. I believe the Lord looked at me this weekend and said, "Here is your sign!" Yes, the dreadful MORNING SICKNESS has fully set in, and boy was today rough! However, as bad as it may get, every time I am hanging my head over the toilet I praise the Lord, because this is something I have wanted for a really long time! Baby Cole is just saying, "I'm here, and I'm ok!"

This past Wednesday we went for my 7 week ultrasound. The heartbeat had increased to 162 bpm, and the nurse said we had a textbook baby. In fact, she said it was an overachiever because it had grown further than it was even suppose to. Sounds like someone I know! :) My mother-in-love was able to go with us which was such an incredible blessing. It was a sweet moment for all three of us as we watched the heart beat, saw the spine, the brain, and the blood flowing. It was such a surreal moment. At one point, the nurse lit up the heart with color so we could see it beating. It was flashing red and blue, and my mother-in-love said, "They have always said our hearts bleed red and blue!" We all laughed, and I had to explain to the nurse we were big Rebel fans!

As for now, everything is progressing just fine with Baby Cole! Only four more weeks until I am out of the first trimester, and I am certainly counting down the days. I know that nothing is for sure, but I think I will have much more security and confidence once I am into the second trimester! Keep praying for this miracle the Lord has given to us!

1 comment:

  1. So excited for ya'll! But oh, I remember all too well the morning, I mean "all-day" sickness! So not fun! But so worth it!! :)

    ReplyDelete