photo HEADER copy_zpsfiiptbhs.png

Saturday, February 19, 2011

It's Official...

I have become an adult by entering into the world of BUNCO!! On Thursday night, I hosted for the first time ever a bunco group! I remember when I was a little girl and my mom would have all these women over to the house. They would roll dice for what seemed like hours, and just talk, talk, talk. They would have an absolute blast and they were so loud too! Well that is exactly what my friends and I did on Thursday night. We had so much fun that you would have thought we had not left the house in weeks. One evening was all it took, and I am now a huge fan of bunco. I cannot wait to play next month! It's the perfect game for women...not too much thinking required so you can sit back, relax, and talk the night away!

Ellen with the Most Wins!

A little blurry, but the best we could do:
Jessie, Grace, Mary Melinda, Corrie, Missy, Me,
Jill, and Ellen

I also want to share with you a little treat I made for the evening. This is a great recipe for trail mix that has a little kick to it! This stuff is incredibly addicting, so you better not plan on just having a little. One handful, and you will be back for another!

Ingredients:
1/2 box of Cheez-Its
1/2 bag of Oyster Crackers
1/2 bag of Twisted Pretzels
1/2 jar of Dry Roasted Peanuts
3/4 cup of Canola Oil
1 Tbsp. of Crushed Red Pepper
1 package of Ranch Dressing Mix

Directions:
Mix together the first four ingredients in a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the oil, red pepper, and ranch dressing and stir until well blended. Pour over the mixture and stir for about 5 minutes. Eat to your heart's content!!

**You can double the recipe since you will already have the first four ingredients. Just make two separate batches or else you lose the flavor.


4 comments:

  1. Amy:

    I am enjoying your blog. I think we know some people in common. I think one of the ladies in one of your pictures (maybe an aunt) is Janie Lee from Petal where grew up. If it is, your cousin (maybe) Renee and I were in the same sorority at USM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becky! What a small world! Yes, that is my great Aunt Janie. She and my Granny are sisters. My mom and Renee are first cousins. That is so crazy! Thanks for the encouraging word!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had so much fun! Thanks for posting the recipe, too! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete