photo HEADER copy_zpsfiiptbhs.png

Monday, February 7, 2011

Pray for Baby Baker

I have been a little absent from the blogging world recently and this is not by my liking. School started back two weeks ago, and life quickly became fast paced again! This pregnant lady is having a hard time keeping up too! I just cannot seem to accomplish as much in one day as I could before pregnancy. I hope to spend some time over the weekend sharing with you some thoughts that have been on my mind recently, and just what has been going on in our lives.

The reason behind this post is I have a dear friend whom I would request you be in prayer for. Abby and I have been friends since childhood, and her precious baby boy was born Saturday morning 4 1/2 weeks early. Baker Andrew Troxler weighed 4 pounds and 14 ounces, and in the beginning it just appeared that his lungs were underdeveloped which would mean he would be in the NICU for a while. Last night I received word that his condition had worsened. Baker was not responding to touch, his eyes had not opened, and he would not suck. Abby and Baker have been transferred to another hospital where they are running tests and trying to find out what is wrong. The doctors are concerned that he may have some neurological damage. As of this afternoon, he did move one arm and one foot. Praise be to God! I know the Troxler family would covet your prayers during this very difficult time in their lives. Here are some specific prayer requests:
  • For the Lord to grant wisdom to the doctors who are taking care of Baker. Pray that they would be able to know how to best treat him.
  • For the Lord to heal this precious child. We do serve a God of miracles and I believe that if it is the Lord's will that He can heal this child.
  • For the Lord to give peace and comfort to Abby and Drew during this time. Pray that He would draw them even closer to Himself.

About two weeks ago, I had another dear friend lose her baby girl at 25 weeks. It has been very difficult for me to process all of this and understand why the Lord has chosen this path for them. Her story is very similar to mine, and she has already endured so much. As I received the news about Baker last night, my immediate response to the Lord was frustration. In my flesh, I just have the hardest time seeing why it is best for both of these families to endure such pain. Today, the Lord sweetly reminded me of the pain His son endured for me so that I may have life. This certainly does not make trials like these any easier, but it is a reminder of how much the God we serve loves and cares for us. Please keep both of these families in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment