photo HEADER copy_zpsfiiptbhs.png

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Book List 2012

Here is my 2012 reading list. My goal for 2011 was 20 books. I way overestimated the amount of time I would have to read once becoming a mom. I only read 11 books last year, but I still think 11 is good and having a published list definitely kept me motivated. Now that I am aware that reading is a luxury for mothers, I am drastically cutting my list for 2012. My goal is to read 12 books in 2012. I will continue to post a review after each one. Hope you enjoying some good reads in 2012 too, and if you have any suggestions please share!

Spiritual Growth:
Celebration of Discipline: The Path to Spiritual Growth by Richard J. Foster
Death by Love: Letters from The Cross by Mark Driscoll
Jesus + Nothing = Everything by Tullian Tchividjian
Radical by David Platt
The Radical Disciple: Some Neglected Aspects of Our Calling by John Stott

Marriage:
Becoming Parents: How to Strengthen Your Marriage as Your Family Grows by Jordan, Stanley, and Markman

Children Change a Marriage by Elisa Morgan and Carol Kuykendall
Sacred Influence: How God Uses Wives to Shape the Souls of Their Husbands by Gary Thomas

Parenting:
Disciplines of a Godly Family by Kent and Barbara Hughes
Don't Make Me Count to Three by Ginger Plowman
The Mission of Motherhood by Sally Clarkson

Homemaking:

Heaven at Home: Establishing and Enjoying a Peaceful Home by Ginger Plowman
Practicing Hospitality: The Joy of Serving Others by Patricia Ennis and Lisa Tatlock

Fiction:

American Wife by Curtis Sittenfield
The Big Stone Gap Series by Adriana Trigiani
Gilead by Marilynne Robinson
The Girls from Ames by Jeffrey Zaslow
Learning by Karen Kingsbury
Longing by Karen Kingsbury
Loving by Karen Kingsbury
Love Walked In by Marisa De Los Santos
Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks
The Postmistress by Sarah Blake
The Queen of Palmyra by Minrose Gwin
Road to Eden's Ridge by M.L. Rose
Run by Ann Patchett
This Side of Heaven by Karen Kingsbury
Unlocked by Karen Kingsbury
Yankee Doodle Dixie by Lisa Patton

Other:
Food Rules: An Eater's Manual by Michael Pollan
Kisses from Katie by Katie Davis
One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp

No comments:

Post a Comment