photo HEADER copy_zpsfiiptbhs.png

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

ROMA Spring Break

As most of you know my husband and I work for Campus Crusade for Christ at Ole Miss. Our campus has a partnership with several universities in Rome, Italy. Every spring break we take about 30 to 40 students to Rome to share the gospel with Italians. There is so much I could say about Italy! I absolutely love everything about Italy…the people, the churches, the history, the language! I just love it! But my heart breaks for this country! If you could spend just one week in Italy you would see the great need for the gospel. Most Italians have grown up in the Catholic church but they do not know Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior nor do they have a personal relationship with Him. Below is an excerpt from our most recent prayer letter sent to those who support our ministry regularly. I wanted to share this with you so you can also rejoice with us over David and Virginia but also so you can pray for the Italians.

During Spring Break we took a group of 26 students and 5 staff to Rome, Italy. We had an amazing trip and we appreciate you praying for us! This was our sixth trip to Italy and we had never seen anyone pray to receive Christ as Lord and Savior. From this trip we saw 2 Italian students trust Christ! Isaac Jenkins, our campus director, said “I have now been to Italy 13 times. I have seen students trust Christ in Serbia, Croatia, and Romania but never in Italy. I have had the opportunity to share Christ in Pisa, Salerno, and  three different campuses in Rome. I estimate that I have spent around 85 to 90 afternoons taking students out and sharing Christ and have never seen a student trust Christ. There are several reasons, mainly the fact that most students say that they are either an atheist are agnostic and most are very negative towards the Catholic church. Therefore, they tend to not think very highly of anything religion - until this trip! I finally met a student who wanted to know more about Christ! After two afternoons of spending time together talking about Christ, David trusted in Christ even though he had never attended a church service or read the Bible!”  Another student named Virginia also trusted in Christ two days after we had come back to the states. Praise the Lord for He is faithful and He is continually drawing people to Himself! We are so excited for David and Virginia and we ask that you pray for them as they read and study the word of God and grow in their walk with the Lord.   

DAVID

DAVID

VIRGINIA

VIRGINIA

Since David’s decision to trust Christ, he has written to Isaac several times on Facebook. He has now read all of John and Romans and is currently reading through Matthew. This is what he has written. You can tell how serious he is now about his new faith in Christ. 

He writes:  “Jesus says in John 11:25-26, “I am the resurrection and the life; whoever believes in me, even if he dies, will live, and everyone who lives and believes in me will never die.”  It is such a great verse..I loved it..I feel like someone that is not going to die…I believe in Jesus, I believe he is the only Son of God and he died for our sins…I will never forget!! And I’m gonna live forever in his name and for what he did…

John 14.6:”Jesus said to him, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”  It is so important and explains and makes so clear the meaning of Jesus-bridge…you know, our bridge to God…only if we trust Jesus’ words and teaching we can reach God and heaven… ..I’m your brother now. I feel like a new David has come, and a new David was born three days ago when I met you for the first time..              

David also wrote: “My faith in Christ is growing up every day more and im so glad lots of people are encouraged by my changing,… I know the truth is in the Holy Bible and I just have to read it and look for the answers to my questions, helped by you guys cuz it’s amazing to know the real meaning of life is in it!!

Talk to you soon, take care, your brother in Christ, David

Sarah Love, Me, Kyle

Sarah Love, Me, Kyle

Kyle and Jeff sharing with an Italian student

Kyle and Jeff sharing with an Italian student

John, Craig, Carl, and Kyle at Paul & Peter's Prison

John, Craig, Carl, and Kyle at Paul & Peter's Prison

Debbie and I with Italian students

Debbie and I with Italian students

Kyle and I in Venice

Kyle and I in Venice

The following list is the names of Italian college students. Those in our group had in-depth conversations about Christ with these and many more. Would you please pray for them?

Eliza, Simone, Ronaldo, Diego, Alessio, Valentino, Andrea, Aziere, Paulo, Marika, Susana, Silvio, Mateo, Gaytano, Claudia, Eliza, Lorenzo, Constantino, Lorenzo, John, Surrimi, Andrea, Donatello, Isbella, Jon Luca, Carlo, Mateo, Valencio,  Antonio, Armanda, Elena, Virginia, Francesco,  Mario, Roberto, Patricia, Lena, JaLucca, Rebeta, Andrea, Eduardo, Andreas, Francesco, “The Bus Guy”, Jacamo, Salvo, Stefano, Fabio, Hoop, Davide, Gustavo, Paolo, Julia, Ferríca, Emuela, Ariana, Mateo, Luigi, Nada, Anastasia, Claudia, Francesca, Daniella, Elizabeta, Claudia, Pepe, Yaya, Laura, Julia, Paulo, Michelle,, Illario, Gabriele, Lucca, Leonardo,  Sarah,  Sara, Laura, Francesca,  Andrea,  Ana, Stefano, Georgia, Gloria, Karia, Elaria, Rosella, Carla, Kiki, Roberto, Isaac, Maria Louisa, David, Antonio,  Alexandrio, Larina, Carlo, Girarde, Marco, Simone, Dario, Amir, Frederico, Angnese, Jania, Clara, Ennio, Sabina, Paula, Luka, Leoardo, Irena, Luca, Michael, Jaco, Roberto, Paulo, Francesco, Antonio, Mohammed, Moria, Valentina, Ida,  Elejona, Alberto, Roberto, Edoardo, Viatelli, Carlo, Mumad.

No comments:

Post a Comment