photo HEADER copy_zpsfiiptbhs.png

Saturday, May 9, 2009

My Beloved Disciples

The semester is now over and most of the students have packed their bags and headed home for the summer. This is always a bittersweet time for Kyle and I because we are sad to see the students go but it is also a break that we greatly need so we are revived and refreshed when the fall arrives. On Tuesday night, I had all of the girls that I disciple over for dinner and it was such a sweet time! When I first joined staff with Crusade I began to disciple two girls named Katie and Jennifer. I discipled them all four years of their college careers and when they graduated I cried like a mother does when their child leaves for college. I was so sad that they were leaving Oxford but I was also excited to see what the Lord was going to do through them in their next chapter of life. When they left I really did not think that I could love any girls more than I loved those two. We had shared so much of our spiritual journey together. However, I was wrong. This year I have had the opportunity to disciple Christie, Chelsea, Morgan, Christin, and Katherine and I absolutely LOVE and ADORE these girls. It has been such a blessing and honor to pour my life into each of them and their growth this year has amazed me. As we shared dinner on Tuesday night I spent some time encouraging each of them because I think the Lord has gifted each of them in incredible ways and I know that He is going to use them for His kingdom to do mighty works!  I could go on and on about how thankful I am for these girls and how proud I am of them. They are huge gift from God to me! I ask that you join me in praying for these precious women and their summers!

"I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine for you all making my prayer with joy, because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now. And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at he day of Jesus Christ. It is right for me to feel this way about you all, because I hold you in my heart, for you are all partakers with me of grace, both in my imprisonment and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel. For God is my witness, how I yearn for you all with the affection of Christ Jesus. And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment, so that you may approve what is excellent, and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God." Philippians 1:3-11

No comments:

Post a Comment