photo HEADER copy_zpsfiiptbhs.png

Saturday, July 18, 2009

On The Road Again...Chicago

After visiting with The Cuthbertsons for a few days, Kyle and I drove about 300 miles north to the great city of Chicago! When Kyle and I got married we made a pact that we would take a trip  each year to celebrate our anniversary no matter how broke we might be. Well, I almost backed out this year just because we are indeed broke but Kyle found a way to cut corners and make the trip as cheap as possible! Since we were already in Louisville, Kentucky we just had to drive about 4 more hours and we were in Chicago. We had a wonderful time and made lots of fun memories! I also got to celebrate my birthday  and Kyle fulfilled a lifelong dream of seeing the Cardinals and Cubs play at Wrigley Field. We did have an incredible time, but after a few days of city life I decided that I do LOVE living in a small town. No matter how great the shopping can be in a big city, I am just a small town girl! Hope you enjoy the pictures from our trip!

We won this dessert at dinner because we guessed
what the waitress had changed about herself. It
is the smallest sundae in the world!


The is Sue at The Field Museum. 
She is the largest dinosaur.

The Field Museum
This place is huge! They have a really cool
pirate exhibit on display now!


The cutest Italian restaurant.
It made me miss Rome!


Yummy dessert at Hot Chocolate!

The view from Sears Tower.
 It is the 110 stories high.


Kyle and I on the Sky Deck. It is glass
all the way around and you step out onto
it. I was extremely nervous!


The Bean at Millenium Park


Buckingham Fountain

Deep Dish Pizza...very delicious!


My birthday breakfast...I had cruncy
french toast! It was amazing!


The Drake Hotel




No comments:

Post a Comment