photo HEADER copy_zpsfiiptbhs.png

Monday, August 17, 2009

Facing Trials

"Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing."  James 1:2-4

"More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's loves has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us. "  Romans 5: 3-5

"Cast your burden on the Lord, and he will sustain you."  Psalm 55:22

"But as for me, I will look to the Lord; I will wait on the God of my salvation; my God will hear me."  Micah 7:7

Over the past year, my family has faced one trial after another. Just when I think we have finally made it through and its over, here comes another one.  As of right now, my mom's brother is in the hospital for alcohol dependency, and he is not expected to make it. When I first heard this news, I laid down in the bed, and cried out to the Lord. I remember saying, "I am just so sick of these trials, and can you just give us something good." These were my exact words. Then, I remembered the cross. The Lord sacrificed his very own son for me, and that is good. His blood was shed for me, so that I could be rescued from the pit of darkness, and be brought into the light. That is very GOOD! I also remembered the verse above from James. However hard these trials may be, they are for my good, so that I "may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing." Some of these trials have been extremely difficult, and I get so bogged down in them, that I forget about what is true. Above are some verses that I have been clinging to, and have truly helped me through these trials. I trust that whatever you are facing in life, or whatever trial you may be walking through, these verses will help you too. Please pray for strength for my family, especially my mother and grandmother, and that the Lord will do a miracle in my uncle's life. 

1 comment: