photo HEADER copy_zpsfiiptbhs.png

Friday, August 14, 2009

The List

I wrote a post yesterday about a chapter from Elizabeth George's book "A Wife After God's Own Heart." The chapter was about extending love to your family, and in it she encouraged the reader to write a list about things you appreciate about your mother-in-law. I said that I would share mine soon, so here is my list! Thanks Mrs. Cyndi for being a incredible mother-in-love (that is what we like to call it)!

Ten Things I Appreciate About My Mother-In-Love 

1. She loves our Savior, Jesus Christ. I am so grateful to have a mother-in-love that loves the Father, and seeks to honor him in everything.

2. She has a genuine love for people, and she especially loves her children.

3. She has an infectious laugh. It makes you want to laugh too!

4. She is very easy going…she is always up for doing something. I guess this is why my husband is too! :)

5. She loves to SHOP...and she takes me with her!

6. She is incredibly relational, and it’s really easy to talk with her. We always have something to talk about!

7. She loves to read, and she passes on all of her great books to me!

8. She is extremely loyal to her family and friends. She always puts others first.

9.  She gives great presents! I always love my gifts from her, but she also gives us these yummy chocolate candies for every holiday. She is very thoughtful when it comes to birthdays and holidays.

10. She loves ME! I have always felt loved and accepted by my sweet mother-in-love, and she treats me as one of her own. 

As I was writing this list, I thought of many more things I appreciate about my mother-in-love, but these were my favorites! Maybe I will share the rest on her birthday! I would really encourage you to do this! I smiled and laughed a lot as I was writing because it reminded me of so many  precious memories! 

No comments:

Post a Comment