photo HEADER copy_zpsfiiptbhs.png

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Life is Busy Again

After a relaxing week at the beach, life is back in high gear at the Cole house! And it is only going to get crazier, but at least I will have more to blog about! 

Last night we celebrated Kyle's grandfather's birthday! Happy 77th Birthday Bull! I absolutely adore Bull! He is seriously the sweetest man I know! He is incredibly kind and generous! I am so thankful that my husband has inherited some of his grandfather's character, because Bull is definitely one fine man! We love you Bull!

Today I went to a memorial for Susan Haskins at the KD house. It was a really sweet time for these girls as they celebrated the life of one of their sorority sisters. Several of Susan's friends shared stories and memories of her, and Eric Hankins, the pastor of First Baptist of Oxford, also spoke. He really encouraged the girls to embrace their questions and doubts, but to bring them to the Lord, and to cast their emotions upon Him, because he can handle it. Pastor Hankins said, "If there is one person that knows what if feels like to lose a child, it is God." He also encouraged them to place their hope in Christ. He shared that Susan had become a Christian after her brother had died in a car accident, and he challenged them to think about their own faith. I was very encouraged by what he shared, and I do pray that this would start a revival in the KD house. I pray that through Susan, many of those sweet KD's would come to know our wonderful Saviour, because He is mighty to save!

Tonight, we had our first staff team dinner of the semester. We had a cookout at our director's house! It was so much fun to be with our team again. They are really like family to Kyle and I, so we were excited to see everybody and catch up on life! Of course, the men sat outside, and the women visited inside, but a delightful time was had by all! We have our first staff meeting tomorrow morning to kick off the semester!

Lastly, I want to update you on my Uncle Paul. He was accepted to Hospice Ministries inRidgeland, MS, and will be transported from the hospital to Hospice tomorrow. He is basically living out his final days, as his liver has failed and his kidneys are beginning to shut down. I would ask that you would please pray for Paul, and that he would not suffer much pain. Please pray also for strength for my mother, and my Granny, because the days ahead are definitely going to be hard. My mother and Granny will be staying in Brandon, and visiting him daily. Pray that these will be special times that they have with him. I do believe that Paul is a Christian, and I am thankful that he will no longer have to struggle with this disease and addiction. Thank you so much for your prayers. 

 I just spoke with my mother, and she said, "I waved at Paul today, and he waved back. I told him I love you, and he said I love you too." So sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment