photo HEADER copy_zpsfiiptbhs.png

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Waiting on the Lord

"WAIT for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; WAIT for the Lord!" Psalm 27:14

It has been quite some time since I have posted an update about our fertility journey. The last time I shared about our experience was post-surgery. I often have thought about giving an update, but we did not yet know exactly what we were facing. After my surgery, we were quite hopeful due to all the positive results the doctor had shared with us. Then, around Thanksgiving we had some further testing reveal that our situation was not looking good. In fact, we were told that In Vitro may be our only option. It was definitely hard to be thankful and experience joy when our hearts were completely broken. I felt like I had been on a roller coaster, where at one point things were so up, and then the next minute completely down. I remember lying in bed one night talking with Kyle as we discussed that this has been the hardest thing we have faced in life thus far. However, the Lord continued to sustain us, and we were awaiting our doctor's appointment on January 13th with much anticipation. From Thanksgiving to this appointment, I was absolutely stunned at how the Lord strengthened me. This is not to say that I still don't have a really bad day, but I truly believe the Lord has given me an incredible amount of peace. Recently, I ran into an acquaintance at the bakery in Oxford. She is expecting twins, and as we were talking I realized we have the same doctor. She shared with me that she has lots of medication left over, and is willing to give it to me for free! How sweet is the Lord! I felt that this was definitely the favor of the Lord upon us! Our appointment on January 13th was definitely not looking good, but we still remained hopeful. As I was walking into the doctor's office, I just felt the Lord telling me, "WAIT on me! I am good, I have not forgotten you. Just trust in me, and WAIT on me." The appointment actually went well, and might I just add that we could not be more pleased with our doctor! He is wonderful! We had done some testing the previous Monday, and our stats had largely improved. The doctor actually gave us several options other than In Vitro. This was huge, because we were expecting to only have one option. According to our test results, if our blood could just be switched we would have the perfect scenario for having a baby. For some strange reason, our hormone levels are backwards. I could give you lots of medical jargon, but that would probably just bore you. So, I will spare some of the details. As for now, I am going to try some different medications, along with hormone injections, in hopes that this will help my follicles to mature and produce an egg. Kyle and I are both praying this first protocol will work, and we will not have to proceed further. Thus far, my body has not responded positively to any medication, so I would ask you to boldly pray for the medicine to work. I am definitely not placing all my hope in this being our answer, just so that I am not disappointed if it does indeed fail. However, I am trusting that the Lord hears our prayers, and will bless us with a child as we WAIT on Him! Thank you for your prayers, and for walking through this with us! We both have been so blessed by your encouragement, and our certainly grateful for your friendship!

Many of you are experiencing infertility as well, and my prayer is that I can be an encouragement to you. Please feel free to email me at amytcole@gmail.com with any questions you may have. I am an open book, and would be glad to share in more detail with you our journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment