photo HEADER copy_zpsfiiptbhs.png

Sunday, May 30, 2010

A Sweet Encounter

I have yet to share my favorite story from Greek Summit which involves meeting one of my readers! When I started this blog, I was just hoping I would have a few followers, and I have been completely humbled by what the Lord has done through my blog. When I started writing it was just about daily life,: ministry, books I was reading, weekend activities, and recipes. While I love writing about these things and still do, I realized after several months that the Lord had a purpose for this blog. As I began to walk down the sometimes frightening path of fertility, I realized I needed to share what the Lord was teaching me. My prayer was that the Lord would use my story to encourage one other person. Wow, the Lord has done just that, and He allowed me to see it in what I like to call a sweet, sweet encounter. Kyle and I had dinner with the staff team at The Red Bar, and when we were leaving I stopped to take a picture with some of the girls. I noticed Kyle talking with a girl who was waiting on a table, and I did not know her. I introduced myself, and found out that she graduated from high school with Kyle. I made small talk with her about the trip she was on with her girlfriends, and then walked off. As I was about to leave, she stopped me, and said, "Amy, I want you to know that I have been praying for you." It took everything in me at that moment not to cry. The Lord had shown me His mercy. Here I am in Destin, Florida, and a girl walks up to me, and says I have been praying for you. It was like God was screaming at me, "I have not forgotten you!" Laurel and I talked for a moment, and I come to find out that she too is battling infertility. I gave her my e-mail address, and told her to write me sometime because I wanted to hear more of her story. A few days later I got an e-mail from her, and I cried and laughed as I read her story. It was funny because there were so many times where I felt like she was taking the words right out of my mouth. Sad though because she having to walk through a very difficult trial. What a gift Laurel has been to me though. Throughout this journey, there have been moments where I have begged the Lord to just send me one person who understands, and is walking through my same experience. I know many women with PCOS, but all have children now. Laurel is exactly what I have been asking of the Lord. She also has PCOS, has walked through losing a child, and is receiving treatment now. It is amazing the similarities in our stories. I pray that the Lord will use us to encourage one another as we wait patiently on Him to bless us with a child. What an incredible blessing from the Lord! Praise be to Him!

This is a quote from the letter that Laurel wrote me. I do not share this to boast in any way. I only share this to show you how awesome and powerful is the God that we serve! He can do amazing things! I am humbled.

"I am praying for you and I'm so glad I got to meet you and tell you that you and your blog are special to me. I told the other girls I was traveling with that I met one of my blog "stalkees" and she said "only you could pull that off". I can't decide if that is good or bad!! eeek. I promise I'm not wacko! Meg, who you met as well, and wants a baby so much as well, went home and found your blog sunday night, and she texted me saying you're amazing. I wrote her back with "God let us meet her". Also, I hope I have not overwhelmed you with this email. I know a few women from church who have PCOS and have several lovely children, but I do not know anyone who has PCOS and is still waiting on their lovely children, as you and I are, so I have been praying for you so often. Also, I know the loss of your baby is so great, and I am so sorry."

No comments:

Post a Comment