photo HEADER copy_zpsfiiptbhs.png

Friday, June 4, 2010

Here We Go Again...

Many of you have asked recently "when do you get to try for a baby again?" Well, I can finally answer that question...Saturday morning!! Last Thursday I started shots, and yesterday I went to the doctor for blood work, and an ultrasound. This is what typically takes place at these appointments (for those of you who really want the details). They take my blood to check my levels, and then the nurse does an ultrasound to measure the size of my follicles. The average woman has only one follicle a month that releases an egg. Well given that I have PCOS, and I am on fertility drugs, I have tons of follicles. In fact, during the last round the nurse told me I had enough to share with ten women! The shots I am taking are suppose to make the follicles mature (grow in size). My doctor prefers for the follicles to measure at least 18mm. Then they give you one final shot that cause the follicles to rupture and release an egg. In my first round, after the first appointment, I was sent home to do four more days of shots because my follicles were not large enough yet. Yesterday morning was my first appointment of this round, and when she started measuring the follicles, I had plenty that were 18mm or greater. I proceeded to ask her, "so the IUI will probably be soon." She told me, "Yes, probably tomorrow morning." We were shocked because the process was not near this fast last time. At first we thought the IUI was going to be today, but they wanted to wait one day for my uterine lining to thicken more. We are very thankful for the quickness because each visit is $200, so this is saving us quite a bit of money. I am not sure exactly how many follicles I have that are most likely going to mature. I will definitely be asking that question in the morning. However, I do know that I am at a risk for multiples. As I have said before, I am completely fine with this being the outcome. It would be a double (or triple) blessing from the Lord.

Now that you know all details, I would ask that you please pray for us tomorrow morning, and for the next two weeks. This is a really tough place to be because you want to have hope, and trust the Lord for big things, but at the same time you have to guard your heart. It is really hard to find a balance between the two. As a friend recently told me, "my heart seems to change daily (sometimes hourly) in regards to that." I could not agree more! Please pray that we would continue to trust in Him moment by moment.

Below is a list of specific prayer requests for us:

1. Pray for REST. Rest in the Lord, and physical rest. I tend to be a go getter, so to take it easy for two weeks is kind of difficult for me. Pray that I would get the proper rest that my body needs.

2. Pray for TRUST. It is really easy to begin to doubt the things of the Lord that you have always known to be true when you are walking through painful trials. Pray that we would continue to trust in His sovereign will for our lives; that He is in control, and He is doing what is best for us.

3. Pray for PEACE. Waiting for an answer for two weeks can be difficult. Pray that this would be a time filled with peace, and free of anxiety.

4. Pray for PROTECTION. It is also easy for your mind to go a thousand different places when you are experiencing infertility. Pray that my mind would be protected, and as my friend said, that my mind would stay in the moment.

THANK YOU so much for joining with us in these prayers. Last night I was brought to tears by the many encouraging words I received after I sent out a text update. This journey has not been easy, but each of you have brought us much encouragement, and we feel deeply loved. Thank you for loving us and supporting us as we walk down this road.

4 comments:

  1. I love you so much. Got both my mommas and my staff girls here praying!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it went well this morning!! I'll be praying for you as you wait. I know the 2 weeks is agonizing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you Amy and I'm always praying for you!

    -Sarah Detring

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still praying! Hope you are getting some rest and enjoying your time at the beach! Love you!

    ReplyDelete