photo HEADER copy_zpsfiiptbhs.png

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Book List 2011

Here is my 2011 reading list! I began using a published list in May of 2009, and it has proven true for me that I read more books in a year if I have a list. It definitely helps keep me focused! In 2010, I read 15 books. I was certainly hoping to read more than this, but between morning sickness and not being able to retain much information my reading became less and less. There is more books on my list than I know I will read, but I like to include all of the books I would LIKE to read! I have added a few new ones, specifically in parenting, and carried over quite a few from the 2010 list. My goal for this year is 20 books (probably a stretch with Baby Cole coming in June)! I will continue to post a review after I finish each one. Hope this list inspires you to do some good reading in 2011!

Spiritual Growth:
Celebration of Discipline: The Path to Spiritual Growth by Richard J. Foster
Death by Love: Letters from The Cross by Mark Driscoll
The Gospel for Real Life by Jerry Bridges
Humility: True Greatness by C.J. Mahaney
Radical by David Platt
The Radical Disciple: Some Neglected Aspects of Our Calling by John Stott
Ruthless Trust: The Ragamuffin's Path to God by Brennan Manning
Through Gates of Splendor by Elisabeth Elliot
When I Don't Desire God: How to Fight for Joy by John Piper

Theology:
The Reason for God: Belief in an Age of Skepticism by Tim Keller
What is Reformed Theology? by R.C. Sproul

Marriage:
Becoming Parents: How to Strengthen Your Marriage as Your Family Grows by Jordan, Stanley, and Markman
Children Change a Marriage by Elisa Morgan and Carol Kuykendall
Love That Last: When Marriage Meets Grace by Gary and Betsy Ricucci
Sacred Influence: How God Uses Wives to Shape the Souls of Their Husbands by Gary Thomas

Parenting:
Disciplines of a Godly Family by Kent and Barbara Hughes
Don't Make Me Count to Three by Ginger Plowman
First-Time Mom by Dr. Kevin Leman
Preparation for Parenting: The Original Feed-Wake-Sleep Reference Guide to Nurturing a Newborn by Gary and Anne Marie Ezzo

Homemaking:
Heaven at Home: Establishing and Enjoying a Peaceful Home by Ginger Plowman
Practicing Hospitality: The Joy of Serving Others by Patricia Ennis and Lisa Tatlock

Fiction:
American Wife by Curtis Sittenfield
The Big Stone Gap Series by Adriana Trigiani
Gilead by Marilynne Robinson
Girls In Trucks by Katie Crouch
The Girls from Ames by Jeffrey Zaslow
Lost December by Richard Paul Evans
Love Walked In by Marisa De Los Santos
The Postmistress by Sarah Blake
The Queen of Palmyra by Minrose Gwin
Road to Eden's Ridge by M.L. Rose
Run by Ann Patchett
Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks
Timepiece by Richard Paul Evans
This Side of Heaven by Karen Kingsbury
Unlocked by Karen Kingsbury
What I Thought I Knew by Alice Eve Cohen

Other:
Food Rules: An Eater's Manual by Michael Pollan
Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way by Susan McCutcheon

No comments:

Post a Comment