photo HEADER copy_zpsfiiptbhs.png

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Fallin' Hardy

Although my labor went quickly, I had a pretty rough recovery. I stayed in the recovery room for a day and a half. My blood pressure was still high, so I had to stay on magnesium...not a fan of this drug at all!! It made me feel awful, and it made nursing difficult too. Finally, on Saturday afternoon I was moved to a room in the maternity wing. I was so thankful to finally be there, and begin our life as a family without being hooked up to an IV, a blood pressure cuff that went off every 15 minutes, and a catheter. It was the first time in almost 40 hours that I was able to get out of the bed and move around. I still was in a ton of pain because I have a 4th degree tear, but Kyle was amazing and really stepped up to the plate since I was very slow in moving. After I was moved to a regular room, we began falling hard for our little Hardy! He is absolutely adorable, and just one look at him and you fall in love! Of course, we were up a lot that first night and he still had trouble nursing, but we were all together and that was all that mattered! Hope you enjoy these pictures of our first two days spent with Hardy!

Sound asleep

He loves his Daddy

CC and Hardy


Aunt Nay Nay, Aunt Alexis, and Hardy

Cole Family Pic

CC, Mr. Dane, and Hardy

Mr. Dane, Poppa, and Hardy

Nana, Poppa, and Hardy

Catherine and Hardy

Aunt Laura and Hardy

Me and Hardy

Precious!


Molly Kate and Hardy...she could
not wait to hold him!

We told her to kiss him...we did
not mean on the lips!


Madden wanted to get his
hands on Hardy too.

Miles and Hardy

Mikias and Hardy

Cousins

All the men: Kyle, Poppa, Miles,
Mikias, Hardy, and Madden

Me and the kiddos

Thompson Family Pic

Laura, Me, Hardy, and Molly Kate

All the ladies:
Laura, Amy, Molly Kate, Hardy, and Nana

Nana and Poppa with the grandkids

Nana, Molly Kate, and Hardy

Molly Kate, Nana, Me, Laura, and Hardy

Me, Laura, and Hardy

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! He is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is ADORABLE!!!! So excited that baby Hardy has arrived safe and sound...and PRECIOUS! What a blessing from the Lord!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, he's precious! Congratulations!!!! I'm so sorry about the tear! I had one too and it took quite a while to heal up from that. I hope you heal up quickly and that these first few weeks aren't too rough!

    ReplyDelete